Triathlon Refund, Deferral & Transfer Policy
We are offering free deferral to participants IF the event is canceled as a result of COVID-19.
- Entry fees can be deferred to 2022, 2023, or 2024.
- Merchandise sales will defer with registration.
- Spot insurance sales will be refunded.
If you would like to defer or transfer your registration to 2022 independently of our COVID-19 Policy, please read the information below.
See Below for Details.
50% refunds are available Through March 12.
Transaction fees charged by the online registration provider cannot be refunded.
- Click to request a partial refund
If you registered for the 2021 event you may apply to defer your registration to next year’s event.
Registrations can only be deferred one time.
Deferral requests are available through May 17.
The deferral fee is $25.00
- Click to request a deferral
Online transfer requests are available through May 17.
Transaction fees charged by the online registration provider cannot be refunded or transferred.
Registrations can only be transferred one time.
- Transfers include a $10.00 transfer fee + registration price difference, if any. Price differences between events will not be refunded.
See chart below for transfer options and associated fees.
Transfer to Another CapTex Tri Event
- Transfer to Another CapTex Tri Event
- Sprint Triathlon to/from Sprint Aquabike
- Sprint Triathlon/ Aquabike to Sprint Triathlon Relay
- Sprint Triathlon Relay to Sprint Triathlon/ Aquabike
- Sprint Triathlon/ Aquabike to Olympic Triathlon/ Aquabike
- Sprint Triathlon/ Aquabike to Olympic Triathlon Relay
- Olympic to Sprint distance
- Olympic Relay to non-relay
- Transfer Fee
Transfer to Another High Five Event
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weather Contingency Plan
In the event of inclement weather, the start time of this event may be delayed by up to 1 hour. Should the weather conditions be unsafe for the swim, this event will be changed to a duathlon with distances of a 40 Km bike and a 10 Km run. The Sprint distance will change to a duathlon with distances of a 20 Km bike, and a 5 Km run. The duathlon will use the same wave starts as the triathlon. If the weather makes it too dangerous for cycling, the event will become a run for all participants.