Packet Pick Up & USAT License
- Each relay member must have a one-day or annual USAT membership.
- All relay members must go to packet pick up to show ID and proof of USAT membership. Team members do not need to go to packet pickup at the same time because each individual can check in separately. However, the final person to check in is the only one who will receive the timing chip.
Relay Team Rules
- Each relay team member will be marked with an “R” on the leg to indicate you’re part of a relay team.
- Relays have a designated rack area in transition.
- Each team member may leave a change of post-race clothes in the team rack area.
- Relay teams share a velcro timing chip. It will be passed to each competitor to wear on the ankle during their leg of the race. This timing chip should be returned after crossing the finish line.
- Timing chip exchange must take place in the relay corral.
- The bike must remain on the rack during team member timing chip exchange.
- Relay team members may enter and exit transition during the race to access the relay coral. When not actively racing, relay team members can only enter or exit transition through the designated relay gate.
What’s in the Race Packet?
- Wristband – Each team member must wear a wristband to enter transition. Put it on at home so that it does not get lost or forgotten. Please do not litter, even the little tab from the wristband needs to find its way to a trash can.
- Timing Chip – This is the long black, spongy item with a number on it and a velcro strap to secure it around the ankle.
- Race Bib – This will be worn during the running portion of the race.
- Bike Stickers – There is one for the bike seat post and one for your bike helmet.
- Swim Cap – The color of the cap indicates a relay team.
Finisher Medals & Awards
Each relay team member will receive a finisher medal. You and your team mates can have fun all running down the finish line chute together to get your medals, or if you can’t go together, just show the “R” on your leg to a volunteer handing out awards to get your medal. The top three teams will receive a team award.
Swimmer finishes the swim and enters transition, swim team member proceeds to the relay corral to exchange timing chip with bike team member. Bike team member secures the timing chip on their ankle and proceeds to the relay rack to retrieve the bike , helmet, etc. Bike team member walks the bike to the mount line to start the bike. After finishing the bike, dismounting and racking bike, the bike team member proceeds to the relay corral to exchange timing chip with the run team member. Run team member secures the chip on their ankle and proceeds onto the run course.
Learn more about how to pick up your packet HERE.