How to Use This Guide
1. Study the CapTex Tri Course Map (page 2-3) to see if your trip will start, end, or cross anywhere near the course.
2. Use the Detour Map (page 4) to see which areas of the course you may need to look at in detail.
3. Look at the detailed information and map for those areas (pages 5).
● Assume you can’t cross the course: Crossing the course with a vehicle is extremely difficult, and should be
avoided. The Austin Police Department will only allow crossings at major intersections, and only when there are
no runners present.
● Park strategically: If your trip starts or ends near a section of the course, sometimes the best option may be to
park on the more accessible side of the course and walk.
● Use MoPac, Lamar Blvd., & I-35: These roads are unobstructed for northbound and southbound travel.
● Use Ben White Bvld. (Hwy 290) and 15th St (Enfield Rd.): These roads are unobstructed for eastbound and westbound travel.
● Use Google Maps & Waze: On race day, the best traffic information can be found on sites and apps like Google
Maps (maps.google.com) and Waze (waze.com). The Austin Marathon street closures are submitted to these
programs in advance, and they will display the closures and the associated traffic.