Get ready to transition like a pro!
At CapTex Tri, the transition area is separated by distance and within each area, the racks will be labeled by Age Group.
This is a closed transition event, which means that you’ll need to plan ahead when it comes to packing your bags. Once the transition closes, you will not be able to access your bike or transition area until after bike checkout.
But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered with the “Post Race Gear Bag” which we will cover below. Keep reading for more information on the important transition information, bike check-in, post-race gear bags, relays, and bike check-out.
- 7-8 bikes fit per rack so be sure to rack your bike neatly with your items underneath.
- Sunday is for bike check-in only; everything else will come with you Monday morning.
- There is no need to stress about last-minute bike fixes, as there will be mechanics on-site
- No balloons are allowed and will be taken down. Please, do not tape or mark the transition racks.
- Wristbands have to be worn to enter the transition area.
- Only participants are allowed in transition, so leave your friends, family, and furry friends outside.
- Overnight security will keep your belongings safe while you rest up for your big day!
Sunday Bike Check In
Pre-Race Bike Check-in is mandatory for all participants.
10:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Auditorium Shores (Map)
Auditorium Shores is across the street from the expo on the north side of Riverside Dr. Once you get to the park, walk past the Gear Bag Drop to enter Transition through the Run Out chute.
Your bike MUST have the bib number sticker on it before it will be allowed into Transition, so you will have to go the the Packet Pick Up expo first.
Bikes will not be allowed to be removed from the transition area once inside for any reason unless you are wearing your wristband and have your corresponding bib number.
Please do not use a cover on your bike after racking in transition.
Race Morning Gear Check-In
You will enter through the “Run Out” gate on the west side of transition to get your gear set up on race morning. The east exit will be closed completely.
Post Race Gear Bags
The Ascension Seton CapTex Tri is a closed transition event, which means that you’ll need to plan ahead when it comes to packing your bags. Once transition closes, you will not be able to access your bike or transition area until after bike check out.
But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered with the “Post Race Gear Bag” option. Simply pack any items you might need after transitions close or after the event, like a change of clothes, shoes, and personal items.
Make sure they fit in the clear, plastic bag provided with your bib number sticker clearly displayed. The Post Race Gear Bag check area is conveniently located right next to the run out on the west side of transition, opening at 5:45 AM.
Review the full schedule for when transition will be open.
- Once transition closes, you will not be able to access your bike or transition area until bike check out.
- Pack any items you might need after transition closes or after the event like a change of clothes, shoes, and personal items into the Post Race Gear Bag
- Do not put any valuable or breakable items in the bag. We are not responsible for missing items.
Bikes will not be allowed out of Transition until the final cyclist has completed the bike course.
- 10:45 Rookie & Sprint Reopens for Bike Check Out
- 11:15 Olympic Reopens for Bike Check Out
Relay Corral in Transition
A designated tent and waiting space will be set up near the run-out area of the transition, marked with a RELAY flag.
All timing chip exchanges have to take place in this area.
Relay teams will use this area for both transitions.
After finishing the swim, the swimmer should head to the relay pen where they will pass the timing chip to the cyclist. The cyclist should immediately put on the timing chip and then run to get their bike from the rack and begin their bike course. Once the bike course is completed, the cyclist should rack their bike and head back to the relay pen to meet the runner. The runner will exit the pen to complete the race.